Without volunteers donating their time the hospice could not continue to provide such vital care. If you have a few hours to spare whether short or long term, on a regular or irregular basis, we'll have the perfect role for you.
Here are all the areas we need help in:
- Retail - processing transactions on the tills to putting up eye-catching display, sorting through donations to steaming and pricing - with 36 shops we have a wide range of roles and each shop relies on a team of volunteers to operate.
- Support Services - serving customers in our community café, Dulcie’s, to keeping our hospice building spotlessly clean; maintaining the beautiful gardens to driving patients to and from Day Therapy – support services keep everything running smoothly and always need an extra pair of hands!
- Clinical – helping a patient with their dinner to chatting to a worried family member, supporting our nurses to give the best possible care to being a Hospice Neighbour out in the community – volunteers working with our service users give an extra special level to our extraordinary care.
- Fundraising and Events (based at the main hospice on Chamberlain Road, Hull or out in the community) stewarding at an event to selling lottery and raffle tickets, driving around the region picking up full Collection Boxes to phoning Lottery members to say thank you – raising money keeps the hospice doors open and you can be part of it!
- Retail Distribution Centre (RDC) (Malmo Road, Hull) assisting in eBay to sorting donations; driving a van and picking up stock to booking in furniture collections – the RDC is at the heart of our busy Retail division.
- Reception and Admin (based at main hospice site on Chamberlain Road, Hull) welcoming patients and their families, to phoning hospice supporters; database entry to counting collection boxes – admin is a crucial part of our work.