Staff Nurse, Clinical Department
Hours of work: Various hours are available (22.5 - 37.5 hours) to be discussed further at interview.
Daily hours: Depending on rotas your shift will be either: Early: 7.00 - 15.00, Late: 13.30 – 21.30, Night: 21.10 – 07.30 (night contracts considered)
Salary: £25,743 – £27,033 full time equivalent per annum. (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience within the scale).
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st December 2021. Interview date is Wednesday 15th December 2021.
Are you a confident and experienced Staff Nurse with an interest in working in palliative care? Do you want a rewarding job that makes a difference to local people? Do you want to work for an award-winning employer that’s been voted by staff to be one of the Top 10 Best Not-For-Profit’s to work for in the whole of the UK for the last three years running?
If the answer to the questions above is yes, then team Dove House is for you!
Dove House Hospice are specialists in palliative care, which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life
The Hospice supports patients and those who care about them to live every moment.
All roles throughout the organisation contribute to making our vision a reality for those who rely on us to provide the care that is right for them, in the place of their choice.
Our ethos is being fully committed to providing a safe, caring, nurturing and happy environment for our patients in which our staff are united, positive, passionate and professional
• Registered Nurse Level 1
• Current NMC registration
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organisational skills and basic IT skills
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary setting
• Experience in palliative care would be desirable.
About the role:
• Demonstrating and developing an interest and expertise in palliative care and end of life care nursing.
• In conjunction with the senior nurse on duty, be responsible for the nursing care and support of an identified group of patients.
• Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care, documenting all relevant information accurately and legibly.
• Ensure that a patient’s holistic needs are met in a person centred way.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Diane Woodhouse, Head of Nursing, Therapies & Quality at email@example.com.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• An excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• Ongoing CPD with potential progression into future roles
• Health Service Discounts on big name brands
• Access to a health purchase plan
• 7 weeks annual leave (plus a holiday purchase scheme)
• Christmas savings club
• Corporate membership discount at Hull Culture & Leisure
• Free annual flu jab
• Free onsite parking
If you want to join a team that work together seamlessly to ensure the care never stops, have a look at the full job description and person specification and if this is the position for you apply NOW for this fantastic opportunity to be part of something amazing!