Furniture Drivers Mate x 4 vacancies
Furniture Drivers Mate - Part Time - various hours available
Field Based (with travel throughout the Hull area)
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to shine light into the darkest days within comfortable and caring environment.
We offer outstanding palliative care to patients and support to carers and families, adding life to days when days can’t be added to life.
We are now looking for a Furniture Drivers Mate to join us on a part-time basis to assist our Retail Department.
- Salary of up to £17,375 pro rata
- Contributory group personal pension
- Leisure and healthcare discounts
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay
- 22 days’ holiday pro rata
As a Furniture Driver’s Mate you will play an integral part in making sure the ‘At Home’ Furniture Shop on Hessle Road maximises the amount it is able to raise to support patient care by ensuring it is well stocked with suitable donated goods and that all our customers who require goods to be delivered receive exceptional customer service.
You will also work alongside your retail colleagues and assist within the store when not driving by displaying and moving stock into appropriate locations as needed. This will involve carrying large items upstairs.
You’ll join the retail arm of a key care provider supporting people at a time when they need it the most, meaning you’ll be giving back and helping make a difference whilst building upon your own career capabilities.
You’ll discover a range of benefits (in addition to those listed above) including discounts, health and wellbeing benefits, career development and education opportunities and much, much more.
1. Assist the Furniture Driver to ensure they can safely operate, navigate to locations, and park the van.
2. Operate a delivery and collection service for customers.
3. Ensure your van is clean and tidy, both internally and externally at all times.
4. Support the Furniture Driver to ensure the safe delivery of goods and careful handling of property and premises belonging to both the Hospice and the general public.
5. Carry out/assist in the careful and safe loading and unloading of items from the Dove House vehicles, using all available stock protection material/equipment, to minimise any damage or soiling to goods being transported.
6. Deliver exceptional customer service to colleagues and customers at all times.
7. Assist with the promotion and capture of Gift Aid when carrying out all collections of donated goods, ensuring you abide by all data protection guidelines.
To join us as a Furniture Drivers Mate you will have:
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Good knowledge of Hull and the surrounding area.
- Must be able to undertake regular manual handling operations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally, you will have a basic knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety at work and a knowledge of trading standards, but this is not essential. Experience in furniture delivery and house clearances would also be beneficial, as would having a good knowledge of the Hospice and what we do.
There are four roles available as follows:-
1 x 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday = 19.5 hours
2 x 9.30am to 4.30pm Thursday/ Friday and Saturday 10.00am to 3.00pm = 18 hours
1 x 9.30am to 4.30pm Thursday/ Friday and Sunday 10.00am to 3.00pm = 18 hours
**Please state your preference when applying**
Applications for this role will close on the 13th April 2021. Interview date set for 19th April 2021.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.