Furniture Driver x 2 vacancies
Furniture Driver - Part Time - 18 hours per week
Field Based (with travel throughout the Hull area)
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to shine light into the darkest days within comfortable and caring environment.
We offer outstanding palliative care to patients and support to carers and families, adding life to days when days can’t be added to life.
We are now looking for a Furniture Driver to join us on a part-time basis to assist our Retail Department.
- Salary of up to £18,828 pro rata
- Contributory group personal pension
- Leisure and healthcare discounts
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay
- 22 days’ holiday pro rata
If you have experience of driving a Transit Luton/minibus size vehicle, this is a fantastic opportunity to use your experience to help a forward-thinking charity provide the best quality of life possible to individuals with a life-limiting illness.
You’ll join the retail arm of a key care provider supporting people at a time when they need it the most, meaning you’ll be giving back and helping make a difference whilst building upon your own career capabilities.
You’ll discover a range of benefits (in addition to those listed above) including discounts, health and wellbeing benefits, career development and education opportunities and much, much more.
1. Operate a delivery and collection service for customers.
3. Ensure that the vehicle under your control is in a roadworthy condition and that any damage or defects are reported immediately to the ‘At Home’ Shop Manager.
4. Maintain a full driving licence and report any road traffic infringements to the ‘At Home’ Shop Manager.
5. Undertake weekly routine cleaning of the vehicle to ensure they are clean and tidy, both internally and externally at all times.
6. Be responsible for safe delivery of goods and careful handling of property and premises belonging to both the Hospice and the general public.
7. Carry out/assist in the careful and safe loading and unloading of items from the Dove House vehicles, using all available stock protection material/equipment, to minimise any damage or soiling to goods being transported.
8. Supervise all staff or volunteers working alongside you in your vehicle.
To join us as a Furniture Driver, you will need:
- Experience of driving a Transit Luton/minibus size vehicle (up to 3.5 tonne)
- A full, clean driving licence that has been held for a minimum of two years
Please note: any vehicle accidents within the last two years will need to be declared.
Ideally, you will have a basic knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety at work and a knowledge of trading standards, but this is not essential. Experience in the operation of tail lifts would also be beneficial, as would having a good knowledge of the Hospice and what we do.
Other organisations may call this Delivery Driver, Minibus Driver, Transit Driver, Distribution Operative, Removals Porter, Removals Driver, or Logistics Operative.
There are two roles available, as follows:-
1 x 18 hours working 9.30 to 4.30 Thursday/ Friday and 10.00 to 3.00 Saturday
1 x 18 hours working 9.30-4.30 Thursday/ Friday and 10.00 to 3.00 Sunday
**Please state you preference when applying.**
Applications for this role will close on the 13th April 2021. Interview date set for 19th April 2021.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking for your next positive step as a Driver, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.